Bulkhead Inspections in Jacksonville – Seawalls & Dock Assessment
Specialty Waterfront Structural Inspection Experts
Bulkhead inspections are critically important for the safety and structural integrity of waterfront property. Based in Jacksonville, Fortress Engineering Group provides expert bulkhead inspection services throughout Northeast Florida including Duval County, Clay County, St. Johns County, Nassau, and surrounding communities.
- Bulkhead, Seawall Inspections
- Dock Inspections
- Professional Engineers & Licensed General Contractors
- Identify Deficiencies Prior to Sale or Purchase
- Avoid Delays to Closing
- Determine Financial Responsibility For Real Estate Transactions
Why are Bulkhead Inspections Important?
Bulkheads – also known as seawalls – protect and stabilize waterfront property from erosion, rising water levels, and are the first line of defense during storm surge. Even minor structural deficiencies in you seawall can allow soil to seep into the water and lead to erosion, property loss, and devaluation. Many waterfront properties in Northeast Florida still have the same seawall from the original contractor, each with unique construction processes, materials, and structural plans. Our seawall inspections include thorough evaluation and assessment of materials, structural integrity, estimated lifespan, and detailed reporting of recommended repairs and restoration.
Symptoms Of Failing Seawall or Bulkhead
- Corrosion and/or rust stains
- Cracks or leaning slabs
- Loss of fill, reduced amount of soil
- Low spots or depressions in the yard/deck
- Pooling of water near seawall cap
- Leaning or sagging bulkheads
- Depressions or dips within 100 feet of seawall/bulkhead
- Movement or uneven portions of bulkhead/seawall