Bulkhead, Seawall & Dock Assessments
Inspection of Specialty Waterfront Structures
Bulkhead inspections are important for the safety and structural integrity of waterfront property. Fortress Engineering Group provides bulkhead inspection services throughout Northeast Florida.
- Bulkhead, Seawall Inspections
- Dock Inspections
- Identify Deficiencies Prior to Sale or Purchase
Why are Bulkhead Inspections Important?
Bulkheads – also known as seawalls – protect and stabilize waterfront property from erosion and are the first line of defense during storm events. Even minor structural deficiencies in your seawall can lead to substantial erosion and damage to adjacent buildings and structures. Our seawall inspections include a thorough evaluation of the structural integrity and estimated lifespan, which are provided in a detailed report identifying our observations and repair recommendations.
Symptoms Of Failing Seawall or Bulkhead
- Corrosion and/or rust stains
- Cracked or leaning panels
- Erosion & washout
- Low spots or depressions in the surrounding soil
- Water pooling
- Leaning cribbing / bowing whalers
- Movement or uneven portions of bulkhead/seawall